The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Full-Time Team Lead (Foreman), Facilities to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Community Services, this position will oversee the day to day operation, maintenance, custodial and operation of allocated Town facilities. This position supervises full-time, part-time, and casual employees year-round and is considered a key operations role within the Emergency Management Team. The Team Lead will exercise initiative and independence in implementing policies, developing safe and effective work processes, solving operational problems, and coordinating departmental activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Scheduling, assigning and supervising daily workloads of Facility Operators for all facility maintenance related activities.
- Participate in updating workplace hazard assessments, worksite inspections, safety meetings and incident investigations.
- Evaluation of employees and outside contractors, inspection of work, and some “hands on” work including general facility upkeep.
- Apply specific operations skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities in Town owned facilities including: Facilities operations, mechanical system log/reporting and program and event set up.
- Manage the work order flow and coordinate preventative maintenance and shutdown maintenance processes and schedules accordingly.
- Record accurate shift reports related to daily, weekly and monthly operations, including arena plant checks, ice maintenance, janitorial inspections, inventory/ordering of supplies, and develop work plans for staff.
- Review and approve operational expenditures up to a pre-approved department budget. Monitors budget and provides cost estimates for Town program/projects.
- Directs staff to perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures.
- Ensure safety training is provided to employees and proper safety practices are being followed.
- Operate light and heavy duty equipment (i.e. Loader, skid steer, Zamboni, floor cleaning machine) and perform related manual labour in a proper and safe manner as needed.
- Coordinate with other key Community & Infrastructure Services employees on a regular basis.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, as well as internal & external customers.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in Municipal facility operations or Sport and Recreation event facility operations.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s Licence (Valid Class 3 Licence with Q endorsement is considered an asset).
- A valid First Aid/CPR Certification and WHIMS Certification (or ability to obtain).
- Arena Operator level 1 and 2 Certifications.
- Lift Certification.
- Building Maintenance Level 1, 2 or related Trades Certification an asset.
- Completion of AMHSA Safety Courses (Leadership for Safety Excellence, Health and Safety Management Systems) considered an asset.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $35.66/hour
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: June 14, 2022
Closing Date: June 22, 2022
Job ID: 202214-TLF