The Town of Morinville is a vibrant, growing community located in the Edmonton Metro region. With a resident population of approximately 10,500, Morinville has a healthy business and residential community that offers an excellent quality of life in a smaller urban setting.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Permanent Full-Time Tax & Unity Clerk to join the Financial Services Team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Tax and Utility Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of both utility and tax accounts. This position is one of three that work as a team to collaboratively fulfill the duties required to support the collection of utility fees and the management of property taxes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creation, maintenance, notification, recording and billing of utility accounts.
- Prepare and process monthly utility levies with accuracy.
- Scheduling and processing all work orders for meter reads, installs and/or servicing.
- Import water meter reads and waste management charges, monitoring any high or unusual reads and ensuring accounts are correct.
- Oversee disconnections of severely delinquent accounts.
- Create and distribute annual assessment and tax notices.
- Administer the TIPP (tax installment plan) program.
- Manage and keep current the tax and assessment rolls with data from Land Titles, Municipal Affairs, the Town assessor and property owners .
- Lead the Tax Recovery process for tax accounts in arrears.
- Generate and distribute Tax Certificates upon request.
- Respond professionally to customer service requests by phone and in person regarding inquiries such as new accounts, payments, billing, etc.
- Process daily payments made through online banking.
- Follow up on delinquent accounts and work with customers to produce mutually agreeable payment plans by mail, phone or through collection agencies.
- Reconcile related general ledger accounts and aged trial balance reports.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in accounting or related field is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in a municipal government setting considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), experience with Great Plains (Diamond Municipal Solutions) considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while working with considerable independence and resourcefulness.
- Confidence in practical, fair and objective decision making.
- Excellent analytical abilities with a high degree of attention to detail along with high level of internal and external
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Annual Salary Range of $55,073 — $65,760 (7 Step Grid) based on a 35 hour work week.
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: May 18, 2022
Closing Date: June 13, 2022
Job ID: 202228-TUC