The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Full-Time Supervisor, Technology Services to join the Administrative Services team. This position provides insight, expertise, and leadership to the overall planning, management, administration, and operation of the Town’s computing systems, resources, corporate data, and GIS. Reporting to the General Manager of Administrative Services, you will work cooperatively with the Town’s management team to develop and implement the long- and short-range plans for the business unit in alignment with strategic and corporate outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide oversight to Technology Services staff for monitoring, evaluating, and initiating changes where required to existing software, hardware, and network solutions at all Town facilities.
- Work directly with Technology Services staff on systems development, systems support, administration, and hardware and software changes and enhancements.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical assistance, and training to Town staff, and Council on all technology and GIS matters.
- Oversee and assist with help desk function including monitoring of ticket analytics and root cause investigations to identify long-term solutions.
- Provide technical assistance and support for the Town’s electronic document management system, enterprise resource system, facility and program software, and other Town systems.
- Maintain inventory control of all Town information technology assets as well as develop, maintain, and implement long-term replacement plans.
- Assists in the formulation of, and identifies the requirements for, long-term capital planning, budgets, and internal staff and resource requirements.
- Provide technology advice, contribute to achieving the requirements of the corporate plan, and assist in the delivery of capital and operating projects through a team approach.
- Develop and implementation of the Technology Services strategic business plans and report progress to management and senior leadership teams.
- Provide direction for strategy development, corporate planning, budget development, and performance monitoring.
- Promotes the Town’s Health and Safety Program ensuring all employees and contractors within the areas of operations and control, adhere to the policies and follow good safe work practices.
- Degree in Information Systems or a related field; or a combination of 8 years experience and a post secondary diploma.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management or supervisory role.
- In-depth knowledge of IT system operations including hardware and software as well as networks, system security, telecommunication standards, virtualization, and disaster recovery.
- Working knowledge of configuring and maintaining networking, system security, virtual networks and desktops.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent is an asset.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in a municipal environment is considered an asset.
- Experience working with GIS systems is considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Annual salary range of $95,770 to $114,354 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Aug 24, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 06, 2022
Job ID: 202243-STS