- A Journeyman Trade Certification with five (5) years of relevant experience in the building construction industry; or Certified Engineering Technologist with three (3) years relevant experience in building construction; or be an architect or professional engineer (civil or mechanical) with three (3) years relevant experience after degree in the building construction industry is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience conducting safety code inspections for residential, commercial and industrial structure is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Must meet the prequalification educational and relevant experience requirements for Safety Codes Officer in the building, electrical, plumbing, gas or fire discipline as prescribed by the Alberta Safety Codes Council.
- Completion of certification as a Safety Codes Officer at a top level in one or more of the following disciplines: Building, Electrical, Gas, Plumbing or Fire. Must be prepared to maintain the required certification and upgrade training in the discipline and levels of certification required for the position in accordance with the requirements of the Safety Codes Council.
- Must be professional, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a team environment, and have excellent coordination, work scheduling and time management skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: $94,724 to $118,406 per annum.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Competition Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.