With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Parkland County has a Temporary, Part-time position available for a Shop Attendant (Maintenance Service Worker I) in the Public Works Department for approximately five (5) months until December 20, 2019. Reporting to the General Foreman and stationed in Tomahawk, you will be responsible for providing janitorial and clerical support to the Public Works operations at Parkland County’s Tomahawk shop. Well-developed communication, customer service and computer skills are required.
Rate of Pay: $24.99 per hour
Hours of Work: 4 hours/day; 20 hours/week
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous labour (janitorial) experience and clerical experience (typing, filing, mail distribution, reception, receiving payments) is required.
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn and adapt to new programs quickly.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Geographic knowledge of the County.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $24.99 per hour
Posted Date: Aug 07, 2019
Closing Date: Aug 15, 2019