The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a dynamic and experienced Seniors Programmer to fill a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position. Reporting to the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) Program Coordinator, the Senior Programmer is responsible for providing opportunities to enable Seniors to remain as independent as possible within the community, while maintaining dignity and an optimum quality of life. This position will advocate for the development of programs and services, provide information and referrals to Seniors and their families by researching the needs, trends, opportunities or ideas that would benefit the well-being of Seniors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure programs are well structured, meet community needs, meet health and safety standards, marketed and promoted, provide a wide range of age activities accessible for the seniors of the community.
- Promote a holistic approach to community well-being and nature a comprehensive community support system by utilizing existing services, developing and maintain new programs.
- Creating programming specifically addressing senior issues.
- Promoting, marketing, and providing accessible programs for the seniors of the community.
- Coordinating the annual Seniors Week Community Celebration.
- Represent Community Services on committees and task forces as assigned by the Coordinator, and in doing so; bring information to the committees as well as relaying information back to the Department.
- Promote an increased awareness of social issues in both FCSS and Recreation, attend community meetings, maintain and distribute current information about available community resources, and support affordable preventive programs that enhance social well-being of individuals and families.
- Participate in all training related to Emergency Social Services (ESS).
- Partner with Community groups to develop programs and services that meet the needs of Seniors.
- Provide outreach services to seniors and families in the community.
- Providing ongoing coordination, training, and support to program volunteers.
- High School diploma along with Post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work, Recreation, or related field, and/or supporting studies. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 3+ years experience working with Seniors, community development, program and event planning, and group facilitation.
- Current First Aid and CPR is required.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License is required.
- Strong ability to connect municipal and community interests.
- Strong planning and budgeting experience.
- Previous Municipal experience is an asset.
- Strong/effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Hourly wage rate is $29.63—$35.38 per hour (7 Step Grid), based on a 28 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Position Type: Permanent Part-Time
Posted Date: Sept 22, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 11, 2022
Job ID: 202252-SP