You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- At least 18 years of age
- A minimum of 2,080 hours of lifeguard/instructor experience
- A positive and energetic personality who is hard working and team-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and instructional skills with a proven commitment to customer service
- A passion for working with kids and helping our patrons live a healthy lifestyle
- Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and efficiently prioritizing workload
- A commitment to ongoing learning and skill development, including the ability to complete monthly fitness and knowledge skills tests, attend all required training and in-service sessions and complete additional courses or certifications as required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be willing to provide a current Child Intervention Check and Criminal Records Check – vulnerable sector
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization, or provide written approved exemption on the basis of a protected ground under the AB Human Rights Act
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Red Cross Lifeguard (RC LG) or National Lifeguard (NL) certification
- Standard First Aid or Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC)
- AARFP Pool Operator 1
- At least one specialty certification such as AARFP Pool Operator 2, First Aid Instructor, etc.
- Typical shift include: Monday to Friday
- Closing shift (for total of 30 hours per week): Monday-Thursday 4:15 pm – 10:30 pm & Friday 4:30 pm – 9:30 pm; though hours may vary based on operational needs
Join our Team!
- An additional $1.00/hr shift premium for hours worked before 7:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. daily
- Annual deck footwear allowance and instructor rashguard provided
- Free annual LRC membership
- Paid training and recertification (time and course fees)
- Opportunities to learn and grow within the organization
- A dynamic, fun, fast paced work environment
Come and be a part of an energetic team where we work together to have fun and provide the best aquatic experience for our patrons. If you are a positive, customer focused individual, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on January 4, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.