Ideally to fill this role you will have a minimum two year post-secondary business education from a recognized college, including courses in business writing. Canadian Certified Administrative Professional or equivalent designation would be considered an asset.
In addition you will have:
What we offer:
- Five years’ progressively more responsible experience in an executive assistant position. A public policy background would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Working knowledge of social media concepts and applications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills:
- ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information tactfully.
- ability to act decisively and to exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement
- ability to manage time effectively,
- ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, along with interruptions
- ability to take initiative, work with little direction, and manage diverse subject matter
- ability to interpret the City’s standards, policies, procedures and practices
- ability to work in a team environment
- Possess strong research and analytical skills
- Understand cultural differences and customs, government protocols and etiquette to represent The City well and to be sensitive in helping create and maintain relationships
- Possess political acumen
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
In addition to the competitive hourly rate of $33.35 to $41.68 and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.