Key Responsibilities Include:
• Project management and delivery of Transportation corporate capital projects. Liaison with Engineering Services in planning and design development.
• Coordinate and administer construction contracts and help facilitate maintenance contract administration as directed by the Transportation Services Manager in accordance with Sturgeon County’s procurement directive and procedures.
• Oversee the following project management duties; including but not limited to design review, construction coordination and administration, field inspections, change order management, construction completion and final acceptance, financial accountability and ‘as built’ record drawing review and acceptance.
• Collaboration with other departments in the organization of project management duties to ensure consistent project management approach is applied throughout the organization.
• Accountable for the recruitment, performance management, training, and professional development of Capital Project Officers and their direct reports.
• Assist Manager of Transportation Services as directed in strategic long-term planning, preparation of business cases and budgets.
• Participate in the identification of capital projects and provide technical support.
• Participate in the procurement process and in the selection of consultants and contractors. Provide timely review of engineering design and contract documents.
• Manage stakeholders including consultants, contractors, and internal resources to ensure project success.
• Complete all project closure requirements.
• Manage and allocate projects including delivery, reporting on progress, variances and year-end projections.
• Participate in the preparation of tender documents and request for proposals to support projects.
• Negotiate with contractor requirements for project scope changes, and schedule variance, and resolve disputes in accordance with County bylaws, policies and processes.
• Ensure that Sturgeon County worksite policies are followed and that contractors rectify any construction related deficiencies or complaints from the public.
• Liaise with Operations, and Program Supervisors to review and determine project delivery avenues.
• Coordinate the maintenance and inspection of the county’s railway infrastructure.
• Contribute to the current and long-range planning function of Sturgeon County rail infrastructure by monitoring rail right of ways and crossings and make recommendations to support economic development.
• Research alternative innovative construction and project delivery methods and play an integral part in the development of a pavement preservation strategy which accounts for conditioning and lifecycle management, as part the implementation of the County’s asset management plan.
• Facilitate the project management of County infrastructure assets
• Provide input and quality control for bridges, railway, and drainage projects.
• Liaise and respond promptly in a positive manner to internal and external customer requests for information.
• Coordinate with the Program Supervisor the delivery of notifications to landowners where the construction projects may cause inconvenience or inhibit access.
• Prepare briefings and requests for decisions, and as required make presentations to Senior Leadership and County Council regarding project updates and contract award recommendations.
This position requires a degree in an engineering discipline from a post-secondary institution with a minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience. 5 years Supervisory level experience. Existing member of or is eligible for membership in APEGA or ASET. Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract and Defensive Driving Certificate. Familiarity with other legislation or regulations which may be relevant to planning practices. A Project Management Certification would be an asset.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $97,906 - $128,909
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: June 13, 2019
Closing Date: June 27, 2019