The Town of Morinville is a vibrant, growing community located in the Edmonton Metro region. With a resident population of approximately 10,500, Morinville has a healthy business and residential community that offers an excellent quality of life in a smaller urban setting.
The Town of Morinville is actively recruiting Seasonal Labourer for our Infrastructure Services team. These positions will report to the Public Works Team Lead and will assist with the general maintenance and operations of the Town of Morinville roads, parks, sports fields and green spaces.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Grass cutting, sports field maintenance, flower bed planting and maintenance, weed control, building maintenance, garbage collection, janitorial, assisting with preparations for special events.
- Road line painting, crack sealing.
- Setup and takedown for special events.
- Perform daily maintenance checks and reports on equipment.
- Participate in hazard assessments, worksite inspections, and attend safety meetings.
- Other general physical labour duties as assigned.
This position will be partially funded by a grant program and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility: applicants must be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (foreign students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A valid Alberta Class 5/Graduated Drivers License.
- Grade 11 (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks including heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting and climbing (work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements).
- Dedication to excellence in customer service (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
- Knowledge and previous experience related to municipal maintenance operations is an asset.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays; shifts may vary.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Drivers Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting wage $19.52/hour
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posted Date: June 14, 2022
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
Job ID: 202233-SL