Job Number: J0120-0809
Job Title: Seasonal Solid Waste & Recycling
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Location: County of Rocky View
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to the Solid Waste & Recycling Lead, the Seasonal Solid Waste & Recycling Representative is responsible for educating and informing County residents on County specific waste and recycling programs by attending events, interacting with the general public, performing program performance audits, organizing and running special events, and supporting the work of the department as needed throughout Rocky View County.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Attend community events to promote waste and recycling programs to County residents.
- Perform periodic cart-checks and participation audits where curbside programs exist.
- Visit Rocky View transfer sites and Chuck wagon sites to observe and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with special events such as Ag Round Ups, household hazardous waste collection days, and compost give-a-way days.
- Perform data entry and analysis as required (e.g. transfer site usage data).
- Maintain County vehicles and equipment as required.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner to protect the integrity of employees and the business of the County.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- Hold post-secondary training in a related field (such as environmental science, environmental studies, agriculture, natural sciences, or business administration).
- Perform duties and stay motivated while working outdoors, sometimes alone or with others.
- Take leadership role as needed to ensure events run smoothly and per plan.
- Exercise independent judgment to maintain quality standards.
- Be personable while displaying courtesy, tact, a customer service attitude, and a desire to represent Rocky View in a professional manner at all times.
- Experience with municipal or provincial levels of government would be considered an asset.
- Be passionate about environmental issues and be able to engage and present on a variety of environmental topics.
- Provide superior customer service, leading by example and creating a culture of excellence.
- Perform proficiently using MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, GIS, and GPS.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) required (e.g., CSA footwear).
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver's license.
This posting will be held open until a suitable candidate has been located.
Please apply: https://www.rockyview.ca/Government/Careers.aspx
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 06, 2020
Closing Date: Apr 01, 2020