The County of Wetaskiwin No. 10 is seeking a Seasonal Light Equipment Operator.
Regular hours of work are ten (10) hours per day Monday to Friday commencing at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This Seasonal position will be for a term of seven (7) months, April 1 to October 31, 2019 inclusive.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Based at the Wetaskiwin Shop and reporting to the Utilities and Shop Foremen, the successful candidate will assist with the daily operation and maintenance of the Winfield and Wetaskiwin Shops and nine solid waste transfer stations. Work will involve maintenance and light repairs to site facilities, assisting with equipment maintenance in the field, and the operation of a skid steer and small dozer at the transfer stations.
• Hold a Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with a clean abstract.
• Experience in the operation of a skid steer and dozer. Operation of other types of construction equipment will be considered an asset.
• Able to load an equipment trailer and transport light equipment from site to site (e.g. skid steer).
• Experience in basic mechanical repair and maintenance of various equipment and facilities.
• Demonstrated an ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Have a demonstrated ability for being self motivated, organized, safety conscious, mechanical aptitude, and good analytical and problem solving skills; and
• Be physically fit and able to work in an outside environment.
Salary is in accordance with the International Union of Operating Engineers Collective Agreement with a starting amount of $27.06 to $30.07 per hour depending on experience.
Please submit your resume to the address below or you may submit on our website at www.county.wetaskiwin.ab.ca by 12:00 noon on March 26, 2019:
County of Wetaskiwin No. 10
Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 2G5
(780) 352-3486 (fax) / (780) 352-3321 (phone)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 28, 2019
Closing Date: Mar 26, 2019