The Special Areas Board invites applications for seasonal wage positions within Special Areas 2, 3, and 4 and the Youngstown Service Center. Seasonal positions historically commence in May, depending on annual road program planning.
Some key duties within these seasonal wage positions include:
• Operation of road maintenance equipment for tasks such as grading, weed and brush control equipment;
• Removal of rock from roadways, gravel loading, delivery and spreading;
• Erecting signs and snow fence;
• Document management and reporting;
• Equipment servicing and minor repairs;
• Delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements; and
• Other related duties.
These positions are required to deliver 2020 Special Areas Road Program projects, so prior road maintenance and/or construction experience would be an asset. Please indicate on your application your specific equipment experience and any relevant training.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must meet the physical requirement needs for the position. Completion of grade twelve or an equivalent of education and experience. A valid class 5 Drivers License is required.
For more information, contact Wade Heiland, District Maintenance Supervisor at (403) 779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 321005 CLOSING DATE: March 4, 2020
These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 13, 2020
Closing Date: Mar 04, 2020