Posting ID: 22 - 48
Safety Codes Officer, Electrical
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$82,682.60 - $103.321.40 per annum
This position has been deemed safety sensitive by the employer and as such is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Safety Codes Officer, Electrical.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Safety Codes Services, the Safety Codes Officer provides compliance monitoring within the respective disciplines of municipal accreditation in accordance with the requirements of the Safety Codes Act and municipal policy to achieve an acceptable level of code compliance, and encourage the development of safe buildings and building related systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring compliance of the safety codes permit issuance and field review process
- Provide interpretations and consultation of Code requirements to the public, contractors and design professionals
- Monitor the permit issuance and site inspections process to ensure timely review and issuance of permit applications and site inspections is achieved
- Monitor variances, orders, complaints and work without permit issues
- Assist internal staff with clarification of Code requirements
- Network and attend required meetings with Safety Codes Council (SCC), Alberta Municipal Affairs and other Safety Codes jurisdictions
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
- Hold certification, or be eligible to obtain certification issued by the Safety Codes Council as a Safety Codes Officer in the Electrical Safety Codes discipline
- Three to six years, inclusive of field review, plan review, code interpretation and interpretation of the Safety Codes Act and regulations pursuant to the Act
- Knowledge of how the Alberta mandatory tradespersons requirements apply to the permit eligibility requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable teamwork and promote positive internal/external customer service
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on May 10, 2022. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 21, 2022
Closing Date: May 10, 2022