Are you an experienced safety codes officer in the electrical discipline who is interested in taking your career to the next level? If so, then this opportunity at the Safety Codes Council (Council) may be perfect for you.
As the Safety Codes Auditor, you will review practices, policies and procedures of accredited organizations and certified individuals to ensure compliance with the terms of accreditation, the approved Quality Management Plan and the intent of the Safety Codes Act.
You will be required to provide expert advice on the Electrical Code, help support improvements to the Master Electrician program, and participate in the development of Safety Codes Officer training offered by the Council.
About the Safety Codes Council
The Safety Codes Council is an independent regulatory body established in 1993 under the Safety Codes Act
. The Council provides oversight of Alberta’s safety codes system through a number of key mandated functions including:
What we Offer
- Accrediting and monitoring the compliance of municipalities, agencies, corporations, and regional service commissions in administering the Safety Codes Act within specified jurisdictions.
- For the 300,000 Albertans who live in unaccredited areas of the province, the Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA), conducts permitting, inspections and oversees spill and incident reporting requirements for storage tank systems across the province.
- Training and certifying safety codes officers to inspect the construction, installation and maintenance of Alberta’s structures and systems and administering Alberta’s Master Electrician program.
- Reviewing, formulating, safety codes and standards, and evaluating emerging issues in the safety codes system to provide recommendations to Alberta Municipal Affairs.
- Investigating complaints and conducting investigations on the conduct, performance, or competency of an organization or individual having authority, powers, or duties under the Safety Codes Act.
- Conducting hearings and appeals of orders and written notices issued under the authority of the Safety Codes Act.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and a health spending account.
- Generous RSP and employer matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP).
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
This competition is open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license and be willing to travel throughout the province on a frequent basis.
- Position will be permitted to work remotely and will be required to attend quarterly meetings in the Council’s office.
- Office location is 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
- Position is subject to a pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check.
The Council thanks all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Council is committed to fostering equity and diversity, and we strive to provide a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free work environment.
Please submit your application to HR@safetycodes.ab.ca or visit our Careers page on our website.
Join our dedicated team of professionals and make a meaningful impact on the lives of Albertans!