Reporting to the Manager of Legal and Land Services, the Risk Management and Insurance Coordinator identifies, analyzes, monitors and resolves risk exposures for Rocky View County, its employees, customers, reputation, assets, and interests of ratepayers; and prevent property loss, injury, or legal liability. This includes performing client meetings, risk inspections, preparation and delivery of seminars, coordination and implementation of online risk management services, analysis of claims patterns and results and the preparation of written policies, materials and circulars.
They will take constant steps to analyze and address areas where Rocky View County is open to litigation, utilize techniques to lessen loss such as avoidance, make transfer recommendations of employees who pose risk, retention of policies, and grouping units together that have a higher chance of causing risk to minimize risk to other areas. Manage development and delivery of risk management tools and materials to members.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments.
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the stakeholders' assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Conduct statistical analyses to quantify risk.
- Analyze new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Ensure the County's insurance programs are comprehensive and complete.
- Document and ensure communication of key risks.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, provide status reports, or recommend changes.
- Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards
- Provide recommendations on appropriate preventative measures.
- Structure, organize and chair committees with all service partners.
- Enhance and implement current and future programs for: risk assessment models or methodologies, incident prevention, reporting and investigation; maintain records (provide statistical analysis and trending patterns), and inspections.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for Rocky View County.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies to limit risks.
- Provide support, education, and training to employees to build risk awareness within Rocky View County.
- Plan and coordinate various liability and workers compensation insurance policies. Files claims with insurance companies and deal with allocating cost to the insurance policies.
- Contribute to authoring of client circulars, newsletters and magazine articles.
- Monitor and coordinate the legal, audit, legislative, and license requirements.
- Assist the Manager as necessary.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Completion of a diploma (in a related field) along with a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible and diversified experience.
- Possess Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker designation or equivalent education/experience.
- Possess RM (Certificate of Risk Management) designation or equivalent education/experience.
- Possess Level II General Insurance Agent License (continue education to maintain Level II licensing).
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with local government organizations, laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the political process.
- A firm commitment to managing, educating, and delivering quality risk management programs to diverse groups across the organization.
- Possess strong and effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, organizational, prioritizing, time management skills, problem-solving skills and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- 5 year driver's abstract with minimal infractions and a valid class 5 driver's license.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Linux
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs. Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.We thank all applicants for their interest; however
only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $67,370 - $79,160
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Posted Date: Mar 26, 2019
Closing Date: Apr 04, 2019
Job ID: J0319-0166