The mission of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) is to “empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnerships, effective advocacy and collective business services”. RMA Business Services is one of Canada’s largest and most influential public sector buying groups. Under the banner head of Business Services, there are three longstanding business units: 1) RMA Trade incorporated in 1936, 2) RMA Insurance incorporated in 1955, and 3) RMA Fuel in business since 1996. Together these units offer products and services from over 120 approved suppliers; and represent over 2200 members across Canada, which accounts for total purchasing power of over $200 million.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Claims, the Risk Advisor identifies and resolves risk exposures for RMA insurance clients through client visits, risk inspections, preparation and delivery of seminars, and the preparation of written policies, materials and circulars.
Reports to: The Manager of Claims
The Risk Advisor will have access to highly confidential member and association information, and it is expected and required information be held in the strictest confidence.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Physical risk inspections at multiple locations across Alberta, including written reporting, photographs and recommendations
• Client visits and monitoring to review policies, educate, and serve clients
• Claims review
• Formal presentations for individual clients, regional seminars, conventions
• Preparation and delivery of risk management seminars
• Authoring of and contribution to client circulars, newsletters and Municipal Guardian magazine articles
• Liaison with other insurance entities, risk managers etc.
• Monitoring legal, political and economic environments as they pertain to Genesis Insurance program
• Risk Management policy development for clients
• Assistance with in-house underwriting and policy renewal negotiation as necessary
• Gap analysis for member insurance programs
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Risk Management field
• Knowledge and experience in dealing with local government, school board or non-profit organizations.
• Thorough knowledge of commercial property and liability insurance
• Must possess strong and effective presentation skills
• Proficient in all applications of Microsoft office
• Clean Drivers Abstract and valid class 5 license
• Level II General Insurance Agent License
• Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker designation
• CRM (Certified Risk Manager) designation
• A combination of other education and insurance experience may be considered
• Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
• Includes a comprehensive benefits package plus Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP) pension, after applicable waiting periods.
Applicants must submit, in confidence, a covering letter and resume detailing qualifications, work experience, and reference to: Monica An, HR Analyst.
We thank all applicants in advance of their submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be notified.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Oct 22, 2019
Closing Date: Nov 22, 2019