Located in the heart of Central Alberta, Red Deer County provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. Over 97% of County residents report high satisfaction with their quality of life, making Red Deer County a great destination for both living and working.
Red Deer County is a great place to work! It is much more than just a job to go to. It is a place where everyone plays an important role. At Red Deer County, we believe that mutual trust and respect, shared responsibility, and open communication are essential characteristics for creating personal success within a first class working environment.
Red Deer County has a permanent, full-time position for a dynamic and highly motivated RECREATION SUPPORT WORKER to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of customer service excellence.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Community Services Coordinator, this position acts as a representative of Community Services. This is done by liaising and working with community groups, schools, recreation and sports organizations or individuals to provide support and awareness of available community development services provided by Red Deer County.
Detailed duties of the Recreation Support Worker position include, but are not limited to:
• Liaise with organizations and community groups through participation in interagency meetings, community events, and committee meetings throughout the service area.
• Share and collect information from community groups and act as a representative of Community Services.
• Encourage and facilitate cooperation and coordination with/among other services by working closely with community, recreation, and sports organizations seeking their assistance with administrative support, expertise and facility donations for programs and events.
• In collaboration with the Community Services Coordinator, provide guidance, consultation, and mentorship to community groups to meet service needs including group facilitation, board development, grant information, strategic planning and ongoing support.
• Provide information to school agencies and local groups through presentations, workshops, conferences, and the media to increase awareness and understanding of community development services provided by Red Deer County.
• Respond to general requests by individuals, groups, agencies, media, and others for information referral, presentations, facilitation, general guidance, or input.
• Undertake other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required within the scope of the position.
• Completion of a post-secondary certificate or diploma related to recreation, social services, or community development.
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience, particularly with a community-based agency.
• A combination of acceptable education and experience may be considered.
• Must have or be willing to acquire extensive knowledge of the community, various agencies, community groups, and resources.
• Self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
• Experience with or willingness to carry out informational presentations or other public speaking opportunities.
• Ability to learn and adapt to changing conditions; work within a deadline oriented environment.
• Excellent customer service focus with the ability to deal with the public and various community groups, agencies and volunteer boards.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
• High degree of accuracy in work processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), as well as data-entry experience is essential.
• Valid Class 5 drivers’ license, with acceptable drivers’ abstract.
• Acceptable Criminal Records Check.
• Experience in a local government environment is also considered an asset.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Red Deer County offers a competitive compensation package, learning opportunities, and work hours that enable a superior work-life balance.
Salary Scale: $49,427 - $65,749 (Level 2 – Current Salary Classification System – 35 Hr. Position)
Qualified parties are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department no later than 12:00 p.m., Friday, March 15th 2019 to:
Jennifer Dennis - Human Resources Coordinator
Red Deer County Centre
38106 Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 28, 2019
Closing Date: Mar 15, 2019