- Post-secondary diploma in Recreation, Community Development, or other related field
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Defensive Driving Certification
- Clear Child Welfare and Criminal Records Check
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- One (1) year experience working in a similar recreation position
- University degree in Recreation or other related field
- Knowledge of rural municipal operations, volunteer organizations and community recreation facility operations and programmingExperience
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a similar recreation position
- Experience working with
- diverse populations (age and culture)
- non-profit boards
- rural community development
- delivery of innovative, effective, and efficient community programming
NOTE: Extensive industry experience and past employment history may be considered in lieu of educational qualifications, at the County’s sole discretion.
- Shift, evening, and weekend work required.
- Work is conducted in both a variety of office and outdoor environments,
- Travel is required, including transporting of supplies/equipment to programming sites.
The salary range is currently $66,182 - to $83,790 per year. Yellowhead County offers a competitive benefit package.
This is a temporary position up to a maximum of 18 months. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
To apply please submit resumes online, on our web page yhcounty.ca/county-office/employment/