Athabasca County is presently accepting applications for a full time, permanent Public Works Technologist in the Infrastructure Services Department.
Reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for County survey work, gravel testing, bridge inspections, and bridge maintenance planning. There will also be some involvement in assisting in the operation and maintenance of County water and sewer systems.
The current salary range for this position is $74,479 - $87,130. Athabasca County offers an attractive benefit package and contributes to the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
You will find a detailed job description on the Athabasca County website under Careers at www.athabascacounty.com or please contact Kelli Chamberlain (780) 675-2273 at the County Administration Office for further information.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for the design, inspection, and testing of complex infrastructure projects with emphasis on water, transportation, drainage, road construction, and gravel projects.
• Inspection of bridges as well as bridge size culverts as required by Alberta Infrastructure Bridge Inspection System (BIM) Program.
• Complete aggregate sieve analysis and supervision of scale persons on gravel crushing/stockpile/testing projects.
• Repair work including roadway maintenance, bridges, signs, guard rails, and guide posts.
• Backup Certified Operator for County small water and wastewater distribution systems.
The ideal candidate will possess a diploma in survey, civil engineering, or construction engineering technology and have 5 years relevant work experience. Candidates with an equivalent combination of field training and education will also be considered.