The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Public Works Operator I to join the Team for an approximate term of one year.
Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, the Operator operates municipal motorized light and heavy-duty equipment and performs related manual labour in assigned all-season maintenance activities on Town owned infrastructure, related to, but not limited to, Transportation operations (roadways, sidewalks, parking lots, snow storage site facility).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures while operating municipal equipment, tandem trucks, hand tools and sundry equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to immediate supervisor;
- Work with line paint, concrete, asphalt and other such materials;
- Assist in the assessment of equipment, participate in Operator Evaluation reports, and provide feedback on maintenance requirements;
- Follow proper safety procedures and participate in safety activities such as hazard assessments, worksite inspections, safety meetings and incident investigations;
- Provide on the job training to new employees;
- May be required to work various shifts including evenings and weekends and participate in a rotating on call schedule;
- May be assigned other duties within the Infrastructure Services Department.
Please submit resumes quoting “COMP #202110-PWOI” to:
- A minimum of grade 12 education or equivalent;
- A valid Class 3 Alberta Operator’s License with Air Brakes (Q) Endorsement;
- First Aid/CPR certification;
- Experience in operating various equipment in support of transportation;
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements;
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential;
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) and is based on a 40 hour work week with a starting wage of $26.02 per hour, applied in accordance to the Collective Agreement
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Posted Date: Feb 09, 2021
Closing Date: Feb 22, 2021
Job ID: COMP #202110-PWOI