The Ideal Candidate:
- MUST have a minimum grade 12 diploma or GED
- experience operating equipment, including graders, loaders, dozers, skid-steers, wheel and track hoes (excavators), trucks, and water and wastewater operations with preference given to a candidate with municipal experience
- have or be willing to obtain certification in WHMIS, Ground Disturbance, Trenching & Excavation, TDG, First Aid, confined space, overhead travelling crane, and chainsaw awareness
- have the skills required to interact with co-workers and members of the general public in a consistently professional manner
- have a class 1 operator’s license with air endorsement
- certification in or is willing to obtain certification in Level 1 Water Treatment / Distribution & Level 1 Wastewater Collection / Treatment.
This is a permanent full-time position, based on 42.5 hours per week. The MD offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Hourly wage starting at $29.41 per hour. Approved overtime may be required from time to time to meet objectives and timelines. Please note that the successful candidate must have a minimum grade 12 diploma or GED and will be required to supply a suitable Driver’s Abstract and an acceptable Criminal Record check.
Deadline to apply for this position is 4:30 pm, Wednesday, November 17, 2021
. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your resumé and a cover letter (in PDF formal only please) to:
Municipal District of Fairview No. 136
10957 – 91 Avenue
PO Box 189, Fairview, AB. T0H 1L0
| Fax: 780.835.3131
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.