The County is seeking applications for the position of Manager of Public Works. This position reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Direct and supervise of all construction, planning and operational activities;
• Develop, implement, and administer departmental performance objectives, policies, processes, capital projects and priorities;
• Identify resource needs and make recommendations for improvement;
• Identify and implement opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures;
• Provide extensive contact with the public;
• Assign work to subordinate personnel;
• Supervise subordinate personnel;
• Recommends hiring and termination of subordinate personnel;
• Ensuring adherence to the Thorhild County Health and Safety Program, Transportation Program and operational
policies and procedures;
• Other related duties as determined by the Director of Infrastructure Services.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years municipal supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of all aspects of current road construction techniques.
• Extensive experience in leadership, strategic management, performance coaching, supervisory, and people skills
necessary to positively communicate with the general, public, staff, and elected officials.
• Basic knowledge of Human Resource Policies.
• Experience in a unionized environment.
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Valid Class 1 driver’s license would be an asset.
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR
• Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check, Fitness to Work Assessment, and Driver’s Abstract.
The County offers a comprehensive benefit program. Salary to be determined based on applicant’s level of education and experience.