- Minimum 18 years of age with daily reliable transportation.
- Current Red Cross Standard First Aid.
- Minimum of 6 months of direct leadership, programming and implementation of camps with children ages 3 – 12.
- Knowhow and confidence to execute games, activities and songs appropriate for children ages 3 – 12, planned and spontaneously.
- Techniques, strategies and robust age appropriate dialogue for interactions with upset children, inclusion and being a role model.
- Possess exceptional organization and time management skills to effectively multi-task & prioritize capacities to work independently and/or as a team player.
- Effective skills in communicating, both verbally and written, with co-workers, supervisors, participants and parents.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, punctual, enthusiastic and takes initiative without prompting.
- Proficient in managing stress and confidently making decisions in loud, high traffic and changing environments.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit on the floor. Must be able to talk and hear well. Good vision is imperative. Kneeling, crouching or crawling is required occasionally. Ability to lift 50lbs from floor to waist and up/down stairs.
- Able to successfully pass a Child Intervention Check and Vulnerable Sector check.
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approval exemption on the basis of a protected ground under the AB Human Rights Act.
Include specific examples of your experience, skills and knowledge in your resume. To apply for this position, please visit our website at:
Competition closes at 10:00 p.m. (MT) on May 5, 2022. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.