Chief Commissioner’s Office - Intergovernmental Affairs
Competition number: 024-2019-EXT-EXE
Closing date: 27/01/2019
Job type: Temporary Full-time
Department: Chief Commissioner's Office
Pay range: $65,829 to $82,300
Hours: 35 hours per week
This position is for one Temporary Full-time position.
The Policy Analyst is a critical support to the Intergovernmental Affairs department and the Executive Team providing research and analysis on a broad range of intergovernmental initiatives and issues, monitoring changes in the political environment impacting Strathcona County, and providing information and advice used in municipal strategic planning, program and policy development.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Skills and Abilities
- Provides information, analysis and advice to assist in the planning and development of policies and programs in support of County goals, analyze and evaluate information on intergovernmental issues from a variety of sources (provincial/federal budgets, legislation, policy documents and technical reports), interpret findings, develop recommendations and alternative courses of actions and implications, and prepare briefings
- Develops and conducts economic and political trend research, prepares reports and briefings to support Strathcona County’s relationships and participation on boards and associations, and reports results to Directors and Managers
- Coordinates projects and reports, participates on special projects, works collaboratively across the organization, and reports regularly on the status of projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to respond effectively to politically sensitive situations with political acumen
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with work group as well as executive, council and external stakeholders
- Strong resiliency, tact and discretion
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal and other orders of government
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences, Economics, Sociology, Public Administration or Urban Planning
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in strategic policy development and implementation within government and in working with elected officials
- Experience in preparing policies and procedures
- Municipal government experience is preferred
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours and travel within Alberta
Please click on the link below to apply:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #024-2019-EXT-EXE closes January 27, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 16, 2019
Closing Date: Jan 27, 2019