Sturgeon County is looking for a friendly, motivated and customer service orientated individual to join our fast paced and hard working team! This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for the development component of the Planning & Development department, other county staff and county residents. Secondarily, this position will also provide support for the planning component of the department upon request. The ideal candidate will have prior office administration experience and familiarity with Safety Code permitting and auditing processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Type correspondence, agendas, minutes, reports, and other related materials as required.
- Undertake all development application referrals as required.
- Accept and receipt payment for municipal goods and services and ensure that batches get closed on a weekly basis.
- Complete refunds as necessary for e.g. lot grading and approach deposits.
- Prepare follow-up documentation for permits approved or issued by the Municipal Planning Commission.
- Accept incoming mail for the department and distribute/address as needed.
- Manage information and department records in Content Manager software by following the Corporate Records Structure in accordance with Sturgeon County Policies and Procedures and RIM Guidelines as established by Records Management.
- Ensure filing of hard copies of documents as required.
- As an E-Site Administrator, perform data entry of development applications.
- Act as witness for subdivision endorsements.
- Compile documentation for minor FOIP information requests.
- Monitor and ensure that relevant development information on the County’s website is updated as necessary
- Cover the department’s front counter and accept development and building permit applications, requests for compliances and approach applications.
- Answer telephone and counter inquiries for the department.
- Assist customers in understanding and completing required applications.
- Assist with enquiries received from internal departments.
- As appointed by Council as a Fire Guardian, issue Fire permits as required.
- Undertake monthly audit of Safety Code permits.
- Review monthly invoice of Safety Codes contractor for accuracy.
- Provide backup to contracted Safety Codes Assistant, entering all Safety Code permits.
- As the authorized and designated Safety Codes permit issuer for the department, issue electrical, plumbing and gas permits in accordance with Section 40(5) of the Safety Codes Act when required.
- Support the Development Officer(s) and Technician to respond to public inquiries and applications related to all development related matters.
- Provide back up and holiday relief for the Planning and Development Assistants.
- Support a positive, proactive, innovative, professional, and customer first culture in the department.
- Coordinate departmental research of files in relation to Environmental Site Assessment information requests.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Sturgeon County has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Directive that requires all new employees to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work. Human Rights Exemptions may be considered but will need to be reviewed before an employee is able to commence work.
- This position requires a high school diploma and/or post-secondary training or certificate in Office Assistance or 2 years of relevant experience in a clerical role within an office setting. Municipal experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with Safety Code Administration and/or Land Use Bylaws are considered an asset.
- The ability to perform the duties of this position at the Sturgeon County office with the ability to work remotely from time to time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service internally and externally.
- Flexibility to adapt to a demanding environment and maintain customer service standards
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively independently and in a multidisciplinary, team environment.
- Proficiently skilled in all Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat suite applications.
- Ability to adapt to using multiple productivity applications such as E-Site, Content Manager, GIS or any other future database input and output applications.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as photocopier, postage meter, paper folder, facsimile, etc.
Please copy/paste the following link to apply to our careers page: http://clients.njoyn.com/CL3/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=57732&page=jobdetails&jobid=J1121-1829&BRID=EX123671&SBDID=21425&LANG=1
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $51,175 - $67,341 annually
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Dec 06, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 19, 2021