Position Reporting Site:
- Five (5) years of related supervisory experience and knowledge of the characteristics of base work. Application of additives such as calcium, MG30, road oil, etc. in the base work process would be considered an asset.
- Ability to provide strong leadership in a fast-paced and dynamic environment by prioritizing, scheduling, and budgeting based on corporate goals and strategies.
- Principles and procedures behind road base work, ideally in a rural municipal setting.
- Experience with heavy equipment including, but not limited to, graders, packers, tandem trucks, water trucks, dozers, back-hoes, excavators, scrapers, front-end loaders etc.
- Experience in problem-solving onsite relating to base work and compaction, patching etc.
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License in good standing with air brake (Q) endorsement and willing to upgrade. A copy of a driver’s abstract is mandatory on hire and on a yearly basis following.
- An intermediate computer skills level with a demonstrated ability to use applications such as: Word, Excel, Outlook email, ArcGIS or CityWide and the Internet for items such as One Call.
- Clear criminal background check is required.
- Grade 12 High School Education, GED or equivalent.
- Flagging training and prior experience staging road warning and work zone signage is considered an asset.
- Candidate must be physically fit and able to lift loads of up to 50 kg.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and Regulations.
- Willingness to obtain minimal qualifications to participate in the County’s Emergency Coordination Centre within twelve (12) months of employment in accordance with Disaster Services Program.
Primary – Picture Butte Yellow Shop. Secondary – May vary as per Supervisor instruction, within Lethbridge County.
If you have the qualifications and believe this could be the perfect opportunity for you, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume or internal application with 5-year drivers abstract to Human Resources email@example.com
by 4:00pm on Monday, January 10, 2022
to be included in the first round of screening.