- Possess a college diploma in Law Enforcement or equivalent or a combination of relevant education.
- Experience in law enforcement work.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Possess a valid Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (P.A.R.E) certification.
- Must be eligible for Community Peace Officer Appointment Level One (CPOI).
- Meet criteria to pass an Alberta Justice Security Clearance.
The personal information you provide will be used for the purposes of determining whether you are suitable and qualified for a position within Sturgeon County and is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you have any question about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information, please contact the Access and Privacy Coordinator at 9613-100 Street, Morinville, Alberta, T8R 1L9 or phone 780-939-4321 or email email@example.com
- Hold Radar/LIDAR Certification.
- Possess a Standard First Aid, CPR and AED Certificate.
Good relationships with residents payers and other community service providers are very important, therefore, superior
communication and public relations skills are required; sound understanding of provincial statutes, municipal law and
court procedures; ability to deal effectively with complaint investigation and resolution with good listening, problem
solving and conflict management skills; organizational skills and able to maintain accurate work records; perform duties
effectively with minimum supervision; average computer knowledge and experience. Involves potentially stressful and/or
dangerous working conditions (officer/violator confrontation), driving for long periods of time even during very poor
weather and exposure to dangerous animals.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in 13-2021 the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.