• Prepare program materials/activities.
• Complete time sheets and expense claims.
• Set-up, take-down, and clean-up of the program area.
• Develop and maintain relationships with parents/caregivers and children in the program.
• Facilitate conversation between parents/caregivers.
• Clean and disinfect equipment and toys.
• Ensure snack and coffee supplies are stocked.
• Keep events board up to date.
• Report any incidents or near misses to supervisor.
• May be required to substitute at our preschool programs due to medical appointments or illness.
• Follow the Sturgeon County Health & Safety Management System guidelines and adhere to the Workers’ Responsibilities and Accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Safety Management System.
Child Development Assistant or equivalent training is required or successful application through Life Experience Equivalency Process (LEEP). Previous experience in working with preschool children is an asset. Clear Criminal Records Check and clear Child Welfare Intervention Checks are required. A valid class 5 driver’s license and transportation for travel to rural locations: Calahoo, Cardiff, and Riviere Qui Barre.