The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Full-Time Operations Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Services, this position will oversee the day to day maintenance and operations activities relating to Parks, Roads, Utilities, and Solid Waste Management. This position supervises full-time, part-time, and casual employees year-round and is considered a key operations role within the Infrastructure Services Team. The Operations Supervisor will have technical knowledge and expertise in a wide range of civil disciplines and the ability to problem solve and make thoughtful decisions taking into consideration budget, public safety, and service delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, supervises, and inspects the work of the different Infrastructure Service teams.
- Define operational objectives, establish resource requirements and performance measurements, and track progress and productivities.
- Research and implement best practices and standard operating procedures related to parks, roads, and utilities operations and maintenance programs.
- Prepare annual work plans correlating to approved budgets and coordinate short-term work objectives with the respective Team Leads.
- Provide input during budget preparation and manage the operating budget including approving expenditures up to a predetermined limit and reporting on any variances.
- Coordinates the Town’s asset management program, including data collection, condition assessments, and assembly of information to support capital and maintenance programs.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the public and various stakeholders, relating to operational impacts.
- Ensure resident concerns are tracked and responded to in a timely and courteous manner. Utilize good judgement in resolving issues.
- Support developer progress through on-site meetings, inspections, design reviews, variance requests, and completion walkthroughs.
- Attend safety meetings, support safe work practices, and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
- Promote a workplace culture of continuous self-improvement, teamwork, safety, and respect.
- Other duties as required.
Submit resume and cover letter, quoting “COMP #202241-OS” to:
- Minimum 2 year diploma in an engineering discipline or related field is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the maintenance, operations and construction of Parks, Roads, and Utilities (or a combination of).
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License is required.
- Strong working knowledge of parks, roads, and/or utilities operations and maintenance techniques.
- Experience in a municipal environment is considered an asset
- Familiarity and ability to interpret engineering standards, municipal bylaws and policies, and provincial and federal legislation
- Well-developed ability to research, problem solve, and deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Annual salary range of $95,770 to $114,354 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Posted Date: Aug 03, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 19, 2022
Job ID: Competition 202241-OS