We are looking for a talented Office Manager to assist with coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties within our Youngstown Service Centre. The successful candidate will possess exceptional organization skills, eager and take initiative, capable to work independently and or within a team setting and perform well in a high pace setting while ensuring priority work is completed.
To manage the day-to-day functions of the Youngstown Administrative Office, act as administrative assistant and report to the Superintendent, Roads and Equipment. Is responsible for the accounting functions of the Youngstown office and supervise staff in the administrative functions and receipt of monies paid to the Special Areas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1. Office Administration
• Ensure reports generated through the financial management system (Dynamics) are reviewed for accuracy
• Organizes seasonal staff commencement packages for new hires and Contract Gravel Hauler sign-ups. Oversees and organizes the process of seasonal gravel haul contracts.
• Maintain Asset lists. Adding new and documenting changes when necessary.
• Project Costing-reporting and accuracy coming from the field.
• Budgeting- Office requirements. Work with Human Resources and Youngstown staff to support wage budgeting. Provide updates as required
3. Staff Supervision
• Delegation of work based on priority to Administrative Support Positions (three full time and one seasonal).
• Scheduling of meetings, vacation days off, appointments etc.
• Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent
• Post-secondary training in Business Administration, Commerce or Administrative Assistant training supplemented with progressive supervisory experience. Equivalencies will be considered
• First rate communication skills: written and verbal skills, strong public relation skills, organization abilities and proven attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and initiative. Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment
• Computer competence is essential (MS Suite)
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
• Special Areas is committed to an inclusive and supportive work environment, offering career development and training opportunities
• Please include a contact email address on application or resume
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
Human Resource Services - Special Areas Board, Box 820, Hanna, AB T0J 1P0 Email: SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: • Annual Salary starting at $52,899 - $63,816 depending upon experience and education
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Sept 16, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 03, 2022
Job ID: COMPETITION NO: 30010