The M.D. of Wainwright No. 61 is searching for an individual for the seasonal position of Municipal Weed Inspector/Pesticide Applicator. (Starting approx. May 15 through September 15, 2022). This position has the potential to become extended to future seasons for the right individual.
The M.D. of Wainwright will offer a competitive wage that will commensurate with the candidate’s level of training and experience. Applications and resumes outlining experience, qualifications, and date of availability will be received in confidence until February 18, 2022, however this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
James Schwindt, Agricultural Fieldman
M.D. of Wainwright No. 61
717 – 14th Avenue
Wainwright, AB T9W 1B3
Phone: (780) 842-4454 Fax: (780) 842-2463
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- General roadside spraying and spot spraying of weeds using 5500 series truck with electric spray boom, rear pasture sprayer and handgun spraying capabilities.
- Weed inspection on private land.
- Working with producers to control Prohibited Noxious and Noxious weeds.
- General maintenance and equipment upkeep.
- Other municipal duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of weed species identification and modern agriculture production practices is essential.
- Weed and spraying experience would be an asset.
- Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certificate (Industrial and Agricultural designations) is preferred. Authorized Assistant designation may be considered.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with a positive driving record.
- Experience in running computerized herbicide injection spray systems would be an asset.
- A positive record of working safely in a team dynamic and with the public.
- Willing to work early and flexible hours. Hours may vary from 8-10 hrs/day 5 day’s /week depending on weather conditions and workload.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 01, 2022
Closing Date: Feb 18, 2022