The Transportation & Engineering Department aims to provide and maintain safe, reliable, and sustainable infrastructure. Engineering provides planning, review, design, and project management within Sturgeon County in support of proactive infrastructure planning for timely development opportunities.
The Municipal Standards Engineer position is responsible for innovation, improvement, and development of our current General Municipal Servicing Standards (GMSS). The Municipal Standard Engineer would review our current standard and establish reasonable engineering and technical limitations and applications for items, materials, processes, methods, designs, and engineering practices for continued use in Sturgeon County.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Communicates and maintains the knowledge of current and proposed projects to develop appropriate standards for design.
- Evaluates data in municipal journals, suppliers’ catalogs, AT standards, and other applicable sources of information on materials and processes to update the county General Municipal Servicing Standards (GMSS).
- Examines all factors involved to confirm that standards will result in most economic use of material and labor consistent with safety and durability of the final product.
- Review’s standards prepared with other departmental specialists to assure consistency with existing standards and those in other specialized disciplines.
- Communicates with engineering to confirm knowledge of standards and cooperation of various departmental project groups/stakeholders.
- Research and prepare updates to the existing standards with new products.
- Follows established procedures for retention of data developed to assure optimum storage and ease of retrieval.
- Represent Engineering on various interdepartmental working groups.
- Collaborate with various interdepartmental groups on standards applicable to their day-to-day activities.
- Develop and Maintain Gravel Road Management System
- Other related duties as required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: email@example.com
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical area.
- Public and/or private sector experience in Infrastructure design and Municipal Engineering.
- Familiar with MS Word and posse’s expert level knowledge in publishing
- Drafting software skill (preferred, but not required)
- Strong working knowledge of Civil Engineering design principles and practices associated with municipal infrastructure including construction methodology, procedures and materials associated with municipal infrastructure.
- Strong time management skills
- Specialized knowledge and skills in the collection, analysis and interpretation of engineering specifications and other applicable data
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to establish trust and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders and consultants.
- Advanced technical, writing and presentation skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, and to provide creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Strong research and analytical abilities including attention to detail.
- Ability to think across a variety of disciplines and entertain innovative ideas applicable to the standard.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Currently Under Review
Position Type: Temporary- 1 Year
Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
Closing Date: Jul 30, 2021
Job ID: 59-2021