Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive salary of $96,773 to $120,967 and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you, come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right person to fill the Permanent Full-time position of Municipal Policing Services Superintendent. This position is responsible for the management and of the administrative and/or operational employees working to support the RCMP. This position must lead a culture of customer service excellence, making timely decisions and balancing priorities of the City of Red Deer and the RCMP in our joint efforts to facilitate a safer community. The position develops and recommends policing-related strategic objectives to increase operational efficiencies and improve effectiveness of the services provided by this section. Other administrative responsibilities include contract negotiations & administration, budgeting, adherence to related municipal, provincial and federal legislation as well as all requirements of the Solicitor General and K Division, while also overseeing employee development and performance management.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field at a recognized Technical Institute, University or College, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations.
- 5 years’ experience in a municipal or policing environment (preferably RCMP) with a strong knowledge of all areas, with 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- In addition to the 9 Core Competencies identified for all employees of the City of Red Deer – the following are specific to this position:
- Must pass Security Clearance with the Federal Government
- Demonstrated skills in dealing with both exempt and unionized staff and contractors.
- Possess above average leadership qualities, and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to resolve conflict during controversial situations and lead by example.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with appointed and elected officials, staff members, labour unions, the public and the media.
- Ability to write detailed and comprehensive reports.
- Display strong planning and organizational skills in co-ordinating multiple activities to accomplish goals and using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to plan, manage and respond to change.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Jul 09, 2019
Closing Date: Jul 26, 2019
Job ID: 5606