The Town of Drumheller is seeking a municipal accountant, in a non-permanent role, to assist Corporate Services in achieving the department's operational and strategic objectives.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Badlands, the Town of Drumheller is a worldwide tourism destination community serving 8,000 permanent residents and over 425, 000 visitors annually.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities in this role will be primarily project driven including the completion of an asset management project that is currently underway.
Key Responsibilities Include:
of the successful candidate will include:
- Reviewing GL accounts and preparing reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial information for management and council as required
- Conduct necessary research and provide recommendations as related to ongoing and future projects
- Assist in preparation of year end working papers
- Other accounting related accounting duties as required.
- Related undergrad degree and a CPA designation or nearing completion of
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial accounting and reporting, preferably in a municipal environment
- Skilled in account analysis and reconciliation
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Successful applicant will be required to provide verification of education and satisfactory criminal records check.
Using the subject line CS2018-Municipal Accountant
, interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence by email to the below email address or by fax at 403-823-7739
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $75,237 - $86,520
Position Type: Non-permanent Term Position ( 1 year )
Posted Date: Oct 02, 2018
Closing Date: Oct 31, 2018
Job ID: CS2018-Municipal Accountant