Key Responsibilities Include:
• Operate a 150-horsepower tractor and a 15-foot rotary cutter with herbicide application technology to mow grass and control weeds on municipal road allowances, and park reserves.
• May be required to operate unit with a side arm extension.
• Perform grass and weed control work on private lands, as directed by supervisor.
• Apply herbicides in accordance with all relevant legislation.
• Record details of work performed, including materials used, equipment maintenance activities, weather conditions, and locations.
• Maintain all related equipment and assist with servicing and repairs.
• Perform other vegetation management duties when weather is restrictive to mowing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
• Familiarity with the Alberta Township Survey (ATS) System.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare written reports.
• Mechanical knowledge and aptitude to repair and maintain tractors and other implements.
• Knowledge of pesticides, agronomic practices, and an agricultural background would be an asset.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Current Industrial Pesticide Applicator certification or Authorized Assistant certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Standard First Aid certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Defensive Driving certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Ability to wear a half mask with organic carbon filters when handling herbicides, and completion of a Respiratory User Screening Form as per the CSA Z94.4-11
• Ability to conduct strenuous work for extended time periods and perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms.
• Access to a reliable vehicle to travel to various work sites.
• Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
• Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number (Comp# 04-2020) in the subject line to: email@example.com
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $27.02-$31.59 per hour
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Posted Date: Dec 31, 2019
Closing Date: Jan 10, 2020