The Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA), established in 1909, represents the elected councils of Alberta’s 69 rural municipalities. The RMA’s mission is to empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnership, effective advocacy, and collective business services. The RMA fosters a collaborative work environment, and strives to operate as an innovative, responsive, and learning organization.
The Member Services Representative position will assist in all invoicing activities, including accounts receivable, invoicing concerns, corrections, re-bills and invoicing adjustments and liaison with the RMA finance department
This position also maintains member’s card requirement which includes: tracking, ordering, deletions and shipping as well as, answering general inquiries and fielding phone inquiries under the direction of the Manager of Vendor Relations. Other responsibilities include but not limited to; weekly price changes, reconciliation of supplier accounts, member retention activities including developing and maintaining member relationships, being an integral part of the RMA Trade team assisting the Client Relations Managers and assisting the Manager of Vendor Relations in the RFP process. and any other tasks associated with the ongoing operations of RMA Fuel.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Developing strong working relationships with all levels of supplier administration
• Work through accounting and invoicing concerns on behalf of membership
• Processing invoices
• Identifying and resolving any member invoicing or service concerns
• Effectively communicating supplier information
• Account setup and maintenance
• Fuel card maintenance
• Member retention
• Responding to RFP and Tender Solicitations
• Providing cost analysis
• Assisting Client Relations Managers
• Maintaining RMA Fuel’s accounting information
• Administering RMA Fuel’s accounts payable and receivable
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, accounting or a related discipline or applicable work experience and training.
• Experience working with invoicing systems
• High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
• Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills, and exceptional organizational and planning skills.
• Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
• Aptitude for dealing with members and suppliers.
• Strong time management skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
• Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
• Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
• Able to and enjoy working in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
• Proficiency in data entry
• Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma), and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
• Includes a comprehensive benefits package, after applicable waiting periods.
Candidates must submit, in confidence, a covering letter and resume detailing qualifications, work experience, and reference to: Monica An, HR Analyst.
We thank all applicants in advance of their submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be notified.