- Licensed as an Insurance Agent in Alberta (General Level 1 required, working towards Level 2)
- Preferred Accident & Sickness License
- Proficient with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- On-going professional development training to maintain license requirements and to improve the general operations of the agency
- Understands the value of the customer to the business. Encourages and supports subordinates to add value to the customer. Searches for alternative solutions to help satisfy member needs. Relates to customers in a positive, friendly manner.
Strategic Business Sense
- An active listener. Possesses well-developed presentation skills and has the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas. Possesses well-developed written communication skills. Strives for effective communication with team members.
- Sees the big picture. Actively researches current competitive developments in the insurance industry. Understands the strategies of key competitors and other stakeholders and formulates proactive strategies to gain competitive and profitable advantages.
Personal Management Skills
- Has the capacity for thinking analytically and evaluating complex business and accounting issues. Conveys information in a way that it is understood and is relevant.
- Demonstrates self-confidence and interpersonal flexibility, perseverance, and integrity. Has strong decision-making skills. Extremely well organized with effective time management skills. Is quick to learn and adapt to new challenges/situations. Has a positive attitude. Is highly ethical, both professionally and personally.
- Recognizes that progress must be shown and be measurable and can quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion. Expects the highest quality performance from self.
- This position will directly assist the Manager of Member Services and work together with other MSRs, and work in conjunction with Risk Advisors as well as marketing staff.
This is an in-office position, located at Nisku head office
The RMA is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant that meets the qualifications above is encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and those already legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply, please send a resume and cover Shannan McAuley, Finance & HR Analyst, at shannan@RMAlberta.com
by Friday, March 24, 2023.
We thank all applicants, but due to the high volume of responses expected, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.