The mission of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) is to “empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnerships, effective advocacy and collective business services”. RMA Business Services is one of Canada’s largest and most influential public sector buying groups. Under the banner head of Business Services, there are three longstanding business units: 1) RMA Trade incorporated in 1936, 2) RMA Insurance incorporated in 1955, and 3) RMA Fuel in business since 1996. Together these units offer products and services from over 120 approved suppliers; and represent over 2200 members across Canada, which accounts for total purchasing power of over $200 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Insurance and working closely with the Business Services department, the Member Services Representative is an essential role to the insurance team. The Member Services Representative is responsible for the provision of insurance services to the members and for the services of various participants of the RMA Insurance program. As well, the Member Services Representative will build working relationships with all levels of the organization including working with members and multiple stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to member inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions and billing clarification.
- Provide advice to members on insurance matters, products, coverages and quotes.
- Update, review and analyze members files; ensure the proper and expedited handling of all files in accordance with RMA’s Insurance policies.
- Process and administer members policy changes and inquiries.
- Process renewals for various insurance policies, including property, heavy equipment, liability, umbrella, bond & crime, aviation, environmental and boiler & machinery policies.
- Responsible for all member claims and taking the necessary steps to review and prevent errors.
- Resolve member concerns and develop existing accounts.
- Ensure accuracy in processing members accounts.
- Prepare Unearned Commission Reports, Statement Distribution for members and insurance summaries.
- Compile claims information and reports for members and the insurance team.
- Create detailed reports with historic and forecast information for members and the insurance team.
- Work collaboratively with various departments on special projects, when required.
- Participate in both member and ANI meetings.
- Participate in Spring & Fall Conventions.
- Data entry, filing, invoicing and mailing of insurance cheques.
- Prepare cash receipts, schedule listings, and reconcile month-end.
The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service skills, be a strong team player, have attention to detail and maintain integrity in all dealings. They must be analytical, decisive and able to work independently while maintaining the parameters of assigned authority; utilizing company technology to track and expediate all transactions.
- Post-secondary degree in related field and Licensed Insurance Agent (General 2 and Accident & Sickness) in Alberta for all classes. Candidates in the process of obtaining their insurance license will be considered dependent on experience.
- CAIB or CIP designated would be an asset
- 2 – 5 years of insurance industry experience
- Experience with various insurance systems and software’s would be an asset
- High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills, and exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
- Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
- Able to and enjoy working in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
- Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma/license), and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
- Candidates must submit, in confidence, a covering letter and resume detailing qualifications, work experience, and reference to Monica An, HR Analyst
We thank all applicants in advance of their submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be notified.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 06, 2020
Closing Date: Sept 06, 2020