Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Town is seeking a Full-Time Mechanic/Fleet Management Lead . This position will plan, supervise, coordinate, and control the daily activities with respect to the maintenance, repair, and fleet housing of a wide variety of municipal vehicles, heavy duty equipment, small engines including emergency generator and ancillary equipment. The overall planning function of this position will incorporate specific activities including preventative maintenance, scheduled servicing, new vehicle fleet commissioning, decommissioning of municipal fleet assets, special modifications, warranty servicing and repair.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performs various levels of repairs to provide safe & reliable vehicles and equipment on all fleet assets, using diagnostic procedures;
- Maintains inventory control and a life cycle plan of assigned assets;
- Develops and monitors vehicle and equipment maintenance programs;
- Schedules inspections, maintenance and repairs on town owned equipment and fleet vehicles;
- Administrative duties including maintaining a database consisting of all municipal fleet assets and maintenance records;
- Interpret and implement policies and procedures, provincial and federal guidelines and regulations, environmental provisions, including but not limited to Occupational Health & Safety;
- Ensure staff are trained and are following standard operating procedures in relation to maintenance requirements;
- Responsible for the inventory and stocking of parts, tools, oils, lubricants and shop supplies;
- Competent in operating vehicles and equipment in order to perform maintenance as required;
- Develop and monitor shop and yard maintenance programs;
- Special projects and other duties assigned by Director.
- Journeyman Automotive Mechanic and/or Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate, recognized in the province of Alberta;
- Thorough knowledge of vehicle and heavy equipment repair practices, procedures, and preventative maintenance requirements;
- Extensive experience of repairs and maintenance with heavy equipment or automotive;
- A valid Class 3 Alberta Operator's License with Air Brakes Endorsement (Q);
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing); work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing are essential, proficient mathematical skills;
- Supervisory experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge and use of various software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel;
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain);
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Wage range of $36.71—$41.85 per hour, applied in accordance to the Collective Agreement. This position is included within the scope of the Town's unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) and is based on a 40 hour work week.
Posted Date: May 08, 2019
Closing Date: May 17, 2019