Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, exceptional customer service, and offer a collaborative team environment. Our team is professional, fun, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant and spirited community.
Community Services Department is seeking a strong leader to manage Beaumont’s recreation facilities. This position involves the integration of managing staff, planning and organizing, safety, equipment, risk management, user experience and budgets to ensure the effective and efficient operation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Beaumont’s arenas and recreational facilities. The person we’re searching for is a relationship builder and a problem-solver who has excellent communication and negotiation skills. The Manager, Recreation Facilities will apply solid understanding of facility operation, team building, and stakeholder relationship management skills in order to manage and evaluate the needs of our residents and assist in strategically moving Beaumont forward.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for shaping the strategic objectives required for the effective operation of the facilities and delivery of services
- Implement policies, procedures, and ensure compliance of operational short and long-term goals with overall city objectives
- Ensure the coordination and successful execution of community recreation, sports events, major events and entertainment that meet contractual obligations and customer service standards
- Prepare, recommend, implement and monitor detailed budgets for the Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre, the Beaumont Sport & Recreation Centre, and other recreation facilities
- Manage, train, evaluate and motivate reporting employees in accordance with policies, directives, and ensure relevant procedures are followed to develop a knowledgeable and exceptional team
- Liaise with other Managers and Supervisors to understand necessary aspects and needs of facilities and operational development and ensures they are fully informed of the facility and operational objectives and achievements.
- Ensure recreation facilities and are safely operated and maintained, ensuring all standards and codes are met
- Write reports and make presentations to City Council and other public meetings
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with community organizations, employees, contractors, and the general public
- Promote the City’s Health and Safety program and oversee the safety and well-being of staff and patrons
- A Bachelor's degree in recreation management, recreation administration, business management, facility management or related discipline
- Five years’ or more of progressive experience in operations, administration, business planning, and budgeting of recreation facilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be directly related may be considered
- Strong proven leadership experience managing teams, leading people through change, and delivering high quality outcomes in dynamic environments
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of general building maintenance with extensive knowledge of construction, safety codes, standards and regulations, maintenance methods, techniques and standards relative to facilities
- Considerable knowledge and experience with contractors and contract management
- Effective liaison and negotiation skills with potentially complex and highly emotive situations
- Previous experience with budget planning, preparation and control of a recreation facility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, and experience with a wide range of computer systems and software, including Adobe Acrobat, and other business-related software is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will be required to provide at their own expense a 5 year Drivers Abstract verifying safe and responsible driving behaviour and will also need to provide a cleared Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector.
This full-time, permanent position offers a salary range of $85,886 - $112,061 (salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. To apply, email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 21-12 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $85,886 - $112,061
Posted Date: Feb 18, 2021
Closing Date: Feb 22, 2021
Job ID: 21-12