QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary degree in Planning recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Master’s degree in planning, certificate in Business Administration or Public Administration (considered an asset).
- Member in the Canadian Institute of Planners and a registered professional planner with the Alberta Professional Planners Institute.
- Post-secondary education in Land Use Planning or related disciplines which may include completions of Applied Land Use Planning Certificate (ALUP), or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in managing long-range and current planning programs and Safety Codes inspections.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices and principles of Municipal and Inter-municipal planning, regional and municipal growth management plans, and strategies.
- Knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, Municipal Development Plans, Land Use Bylaws, Subdivision and Development Regulations and Alberta Safety Codes.
- Develop work plans, goals and optimize process evaluation to improve service delivery.
- Provide direction for strategy development, corporate planning, budget.
- Class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Advanced organizational, communication, interpersonal and leadership skill working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in government relations, supporting elected and appointed officials and senior management and coordination of inter-municipal planning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and internet applications, directing the use and development of Geographic Information products.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution (considered an asset).
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from all levels of government, as well as employees, Management, Council and Ratepayers.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Work is conducted in an office environment with long periods of sitting and in a field environment requiring travel.
- Public engagement, sometimes confrontational.
- Moderate physical effort; occasional heavy lifting.
- Subject to working in outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees, and wildlife.
- Use and operation of a municipal vehicle.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required to conduct inspections and attend public hearings.
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
- Adhere to safe job procedures.
- Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to)
and resume in one of the following ways:
email@example.com (please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.