If you’re passionate about providing recreational health and well-being to our thriving community and interested in working in an engaging and rewarding environment, join our team.
The Manager of Parks and Recreation will have sound knowledge of recreation and will be integral in the operation of the Centennial Place Arena.
This position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment where you will lead a skilled and dynamic team.
About the Town of Three Hills
From its humble beginnings as a Village in 1912, the Town of Three Hills has a long history of community hospitality, pride, economic expansion, and convenient locality.
Three Hills has a small town’s security and quality of life with numerous “big city” amenities. The Downtown sector features numerous shopping and dining conveniences as well as several service necessities. With 7 parks and over 4kms of trails, abundant green space can be found throughout the community. In addition, excellent recreation facilities, dynamic arts organizations, and numerous service groups lend well to the Towns quality of life.
The residents of Three Hills take great pride in providing a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and locals alike. Social events are commonplace with many venues, including markets, live theatre, celebrations, and concerts. Community events occur throughout the year, including the famous Cruise Weekend, the first weekend of June. The Town’s abundant facilities, social opportunities, and welcoming atmosphere make Three Hills a wonderful place to play!
Centrally located within an hour of Red Deer, Strathmore, Olds and Drumheller and approx. an hour from Calgary’s International Airport, Three Hills’ prime location makes this community a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Please email resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Manager of Parks and Recreation” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your qualifications meet the advertised requirements. A current driver’s abstract and a Police Information Check will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of the position.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Under the direction of the Director of Community Services, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee and assist in the daily operation and maintenance of the Arena including but not limited to, making, and removing ice surfaces, operation and maintenance of an Olympia ice resurfacing machine, refrigeration plant checks, and minor repairs
- Liaise with local and non-local user groups for bookings and programming within the public town facilities
- Coordinate and oversee the year-round operations of Town facilities with a solid operational and maintenance program
- Manage multiple priorities and demonstrates effective leadership
- Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town
- Research and provide analysis, make recommendations, and submit reports
- Monitor funding opportunities to improve existing and expanding recreational infrastructure
- Assist in the development of RFPs and RFQs for capital purchases
- Ability to develop, train, coach, motivate, evaluate, and discipline staff to sustain optimum productivity and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience in the operation of an Ice Arena, including ice-making and maintenance theories is required
- Arena Operator Level 1 & 2 Certificates are required
- 2-3 years of recreation management experience in a municipal government organization or similar setting
- A diploma in the field of Recreation, Physical Education, Kinesiology or Environmental Sciences or equivalent is an asset
- Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Experience in staff supervision in a unionized environment
- Proficiency in report writing, budget management, time management, defining goals and objectives and priority setting
- Knowledge and understanding of effective advertising and promotional techniques
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Salary Range is $65,906 to $76,403 based on 1950 hours per year.
Posted Date: Nov 15, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 15, 2023