The Town of Stony Plain is currently recruiting a key member of our Planning and Infrastructure team for the position of Manager of Infrastructure Assets. Reporting to the General Manager of Planning & Infrastructure, the Manager of Infrastructure Assets oversees the overall strategic planning, operation and maintenance/repair/replacement of assets and services in the business unit areas of Roads, Utilities, Facilities, Fleet, and Environment Services (Solid Waste & Recycling). This position is responsible to provide leadership, planning, coordination, collaboration, and direction to all areas of responsibility ensuring that the business unit meets operational goals and objectives and provides services in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Boasts strong management and leadership skills with the ability to effectively mentor and develop staff
- Possesses exceptional communication and professional relationship building skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge in the development and administration of budgets, project tendering process and construction practices
- Has the skills and ability to balance multiple priorities to bring projects to completion using sound judgement and initiative
- Holds the ability to mediate and problem solve multifaceted situations
- Has an awareness of political sensitivities, excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills