The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing center for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a Manager, Financial Services to join the Administrative Services Team. Reporting to the General Manager, Administrative Services, the Manager is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and provides effective financial leadership to the Town. The Manager is a trusted and respected advisor for financial, strategic, and supervisory management and will ensure the Town provides fair, ethical, and responsible decision making, appropriate management and best-in-class financial management practices for the sustainable provision of municipal services. The Manager is responsible and accountable for financial management policy, practices and outcomes of the Town including financial planning and budgeting, accounting and reporting, procurement, financial policies and procedures, tax assessment and collection, as well as asset and risk management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain a sustainable financial management plan including long-term financial plans, business plans, strategies, policies, bylaws and standards in accordance with the priorities of the Town.
- Ability to think and act strategically by anticipating financial needs of the organization to develop and implement innovative options and strategies to Town management and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement effective financial controls to ensure the timeliness and reliability of financial reporting, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and compliance with applicable statues, bylaws, and policies.
- Responsible for taxation and revenue budget development including property tax revenue projections and Tax Rate Bylaw.
- Collaborate with other functional units to effectively anticipating current and future operating and infrastructure needs and align financial capacities with the provision of those needs.
- Ensure financial integrity of fiscal information generated through Town software programs.
- Provide leadership in the preparation, analysis and continual enhancement of the corporate budget.
- Utilizing a multi-year focus, develops the framework and establishes the parameters required by the organization in preparing operating, utility, and capital budgets for Council approval.
- Monitor budgetary compliance and provide variance analysis reporting to the Executive Leadership Team and Council.
- Recommend and implement change to create organizational efficiencies.
- Provides direct day to day supervision of 3.6 FTE’s.
Please submit applications quoting Competition “202130-FIN” to:
- Professional CPA Accounting designation is required.
- Post-Secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Certified Local Government Manager (CLGM) designation and/or significant municipal senior leadership experience is an asset.
- Minimum of 6 years related financial management experience in a supervisory capacity (municipal government preferred).
- Experience in strategic and business planning processes, budget processes, and financial reporting and forecasting required.
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strength and political acumen required along with superior analytical, interpersonal, public relations and verbal/written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and preferably the Municipal Government Act.
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
| Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Salary Range of $119,601— $142,810 (7 Step Grid) annually based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including pension, professional development opportunities along with a supportive work environment.
Posted Date: Jul 06, 2021
Closing Date: Jul 14, 2021
Job ID: Competition # 202130-FIN