MANAGER, FACILITIES MAINTENANCE
MUNICIPAL DISTRICT OF GREENVIEW, ALBERTA
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure & Planning
LOCATION: Valleyview, Alberta
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
Key Responsibilities Include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager, Infrastructure and Planning, the Manager, Facility Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance of all Greenview owned and operating buildings, property and security systems.
- Carry out technical investigations, reports, and make recommendations regarding long term planning, as well as specific operating or maintenance functions relating to all Municipal District owned and operated facilities;
- Monitor condition of mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing and electrical controls;
- Ensure all emergency alarm and security systems are functioning as designed at all times;
- Ensure all fire extinguishers are inspected and maintained as required;
- Responsible for grounds maintenance for all Municipal buildings;
- Perform maintenance, and arrange for Contractors to perform various repairs and improvements as required;
- Conduct annual checks on all Facilities;
- Conduct annual checks on all Generator systems;
- Responsible for snow removal to permit safe access to doorways, sidewalks for all Municipal District owned and operated buildings;
- Manage relationships with key vendors;
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels;
- Enhance the Facility procedures, policies, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management;
- Communicate customer issues with the facility team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints;
- Monitors the work and performance of contractors and consultants performing maintenance services;
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets, long term financial plans, and cost estimates for all areas of
- Organize and perform or coordinate relocation and installation of office furniture and equipment;
- Review and make recommendations for yearly maintenance and janitorial contracts;
- Provide reports to the General Manager;
- Recommends purchases of new equipment in accordance with purchasing policies to the General
- Perform other duties and special projects as
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision;
- Building Trades Certificate is desirable;
- A minimum 5 years progressive municipal supervisory or management experience;
- Progressive experience in operational environments involving municipal infrastructure and program performance management;
- Ability to develop and sustain high performing teams while working collaboratively with Senior Management and other municipal departments to optimize program performance, accountability, and overall service delivery;
- A solid understanding of current construction codes and practices;
- Familiarity with HVAC systems;
- Demonstrated ability for effective and efficient service delivery;
- A commitment to workplace health and safety and demonstrated success in developing a "safety" culture in an facility environment;
- Class 5 driver's license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Exceptional leadership skills;
- Ability to think strategically and the ability to develop long range plans;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships;
- Effective conflict resolution skills;
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills;
- Familiarity with databases and geographic information systems;
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with finances and budgets;
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computer and telephone;
- Long periods of sitting;
- Good lighting, temperature and noise control;
- Occasional lifting (maximum 50 pounds), site visits and inspection of projects;
- Subject to working in outdoor environment - heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees and wildlife;
- Use and operation of a vehicle;
- Normal working day consists of 5 hours; however occasional after hours or weekend work may be required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations;
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) to
By Mail: Municipal District of Greenview No. 16, 4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote the position in the subject line)
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 26, 2020
Closing Date: May 30, 2020