Permanent Full-time – 35 hours per week
$101,738.00 - $127,181.60/annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Manager, Environment for our Environmental Sustainability department.
About this opportunity:
The Manager, Environment reports directly to the Director of Engineering and Environment. This position works with the Director to set strategic environmental direction for the city, make recommendations to Senior leadership, Executive and City Council on environmental policy, and provides advice and leadership at regional committees. This position is responsible for raising environmental compliance issues with all City operations and recommends best practices. The Manager, Environment also ensures compliance with environmental regulations and works closely with the General Manager of Infrastructure & Planning on the Leduc & District Regional Waste Management Commission (LDRWMC). This is an exciting time to join the City as we embark on creating a new environmental plan to guide the City’s initiatives over the next 10 years.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure strategic environmental initiatives are adequately communicated to Council and the public
• Manage, develop, and implement a social marketing strategy for environmental programs (i.e. residential waste reduction program)
• Manage the City of Leduc Waste collection contract and collaborate with Public Services to manage collection contracts and identify service level enhancements at the Eco Station.
• Ensure environmental projects are budgeted correctly and are completed on time.
• Manage 3 direct reports and various consultants working on environmental initiatives.
• Attend LDRWMA Board and Technical Committee meetings to provide environmental expertise and project support.
• Guidance and oversight for staff who represent the City on the Leduc Environmental Advisory Board.
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree
Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in environmental technical work, project management, environmental boards and environmental consulting or related municipal work is required
Progressive supervisory experience is required, and supervision of consultants and contractors would be considered as equivalent
Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on September 8, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 19, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 08, 2022