Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills, communication and interpersonal skills, political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees, leaders, and external contacts and interacts in a manner that builds trust, credibility, and rapport.
- Ability to empower people, strong organizational skills, and uses innovation approaches in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands.
- Negotiation, interpersonal, investigation, mediation, and facilitation skills.
- High emotional intelligence capacity including the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, remain calm and neutral in conflict situations.
- Proven ability to be discreet, keep all information and documentation strictly confidential, respectfully and sensitively resolve issues.
- Proficient with computer software.
- Ten (10) or more years experience working as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in the field of engineering with a minimum of five (5) years experience as a leader.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Degree in Civil Engineering. Masters degree would be considered an asset.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer and be a member of or eligible for registration in the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA).
- PMP and PgMP designation would be an asset.
- Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Alberta Class Five (5) Operator’s Licence is required.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo the health and safety of employees, contractors, and the public.
This position is employed in a supervisory capacity. As such the employee is required to obtain additional safety training in accordance with municipal procedures and directives.
Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings:
Bi-weekly Working Hours:
70 hours bi-weekly
Engineering, Engineering Programs
Bi-Weekly - $480
Open Until Filled
Internal and External
To apply: Please visit our website at https://jobs.rmwb.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.