With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes.
Competition Number: 22-61
Rate of Pay: $105,240 - $131,550 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
To apply, visit: https://careers.parklandcounty.com/
Key Responsibilities Include:
Parkland County has a permanent full-time Manager, Economic Diversification position in our Economic Diversification department. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives, the Manager, Economic Diversification is responsible for providing operational leadership to promote the economic diversification interests of Parkland County. This position will build and maintain networks to generate new business growth, provide recommendations to improve processes or services which enable economic diversification and develop and implement business support programs to provide value and knowledge to new and existing business owners. This position will develop and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and supervise a team of professionals to ensure alignment with a strategic focus on economic diversification, development and growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economic Development or Planning is required. Equivalencies may be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience is required including direct leadership of staff and projects.
- Membership in the Economic Developers of Canada and Alberta is an asset.
- Proven professional experience in relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Advanced technology and computer proficiency is required.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 03, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 24, 2022