With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Maintenance Service Worker IV position available in the Public Works Department. Stationed in Tomahawk and reporting to the General Foreman, you will work as a lead hand on minor projects in the maintenance of roads and infrastructure and respond to inquiries from the general public. Working with considerable independence, you will refer to the General Foreman on matters of policies and departmental procedures. Duties may also include operation of road maintenance equipment as required.
Competition Number: 19-58
Rate of Pay: $32.96 per hour
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.
- Labour experience, including using and maintaining various hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to work independently, to communicate effectively with the public and other staff, and keep legible records.
- Capable of performing physical labour duties as required.
- Familiarity with road maintenance equipment and road maintenance procedures.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Heavy equipment operating experience is an asset.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License is required; a Class 3 Operators License with Q (air) endorsement is desirable. Upon hire, a current commercial driver’s abstract must be provided.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $32.96 per hour
Posted Date: Aug 21, 2019
Closing Date: Sept 09, 2019